Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thoughts

Sometimes I am sitting around in my room and wondering why God allows things to happen. God is amazing and sometimes I wonder why He allows us to be hurt, and lets us go through these hard issues in our lives.

Lately I have been struggling with a lot of issues and have been finding out that i have been not relying on God like I should. When things are getting out of hand, I need to remember that if I rely on God, He will help me to get through things.



Last year, i found out that when i struggled with lots of things, i am better able to get to know God, and to find out what He is saying. One thing that I have found hard to do, is to sit still and in quiet and to listen to whatever God is saying. How do we listen quietly, and clear everything out of our minds so that we can listen? How do we know that it was God talking to us and not just us trying to be cool and make it sound like He talked to us?

I don't have answers to these questions, but I do know that God is here. I had this awesome experience last semester. I was being quiet and crying out to God, asking why, and he gave me some Bible verses. The one that i remember is James 1:5-6--"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." This has helped to remind me that I can ask God anything and He will answer my prayers. It doesn't matter if He answers it yes or no, He will answer, and this is amazing to me. It makes me feel special, and it helps me to not doubt what happens.

I have grown closer to God in last few months because I have had to rely on Him a lot more because I have felt like my friends have let me down. They can't make me feel as good as God does! God is always there for me, even though I can't see Him. There have been times that I have felt His arms around me, just holding me and allowing me to be loved unconditionally. This love is amazing!



I will leave you with this following verse: 1 John 4:7-12

7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[
b] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for[c] our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

No comments: